In the battle to stand our from the competition, Flexible Packaging has become a very popular solution for many of today’s leading brands across many different industries. From pouches, packets, stick packs, and sachets, flexible packaging has many benefits including:
- Full coverage package decoration with a distinctive appearance
- Convenient shapes and sizes for “on the go” consumables
- Protection against outside elements
- Shelf-life extending barriers
- Perfect solution for “single serve” products
- Cost savings on storage and transportation
- Diverse catalog of material, finishing and embellishment options
Flexible Packaging’s inherent characteristics make it a natural sustainable solution to more standard packaging through a total life cycle perspective. When comparing Flexible Packaging to more conventional, rigid materials, flexible shines in several life cycle categories:
- Source Reduction through lightweight construction
- Contributes fewer materials to the landfill
- Emits fewer greenhouse gases
- Consumes fewer resources including water & fossil fuels.
- More efficient transportation
- Creates less product spoilage & food waste
Flexible Packaging and Sustainability – Did You Know?
- HDPE motor oil bottles use 173% more fossil fuels than flexible packaging options
- Glass baby food jars consume 1,294% more water than baby food pouches
- Rigid PET laundry detergent containers emit 8x’s more greenhouse gases than stand-up detergent pouches
- Steel coffee canisters consume 16x more water than flexible coffee pouches
- Plastic cat litter pails emit 996% more greenhouse gases than stand-up litter pouches
- Glass juice bottles add 13x more material to landfills vs. flexible juice pouches
In addition to the built-in qualities found in Flexible Packaging, we also offer constructions with additional sustainable features including:
- PE structures, including multi-layered with EVOH barriers, that can be recycled via Store Drop Off
- Films that include post-consumer recycled content (PCR) and bio-based sealant layers.
At NextGen Label Group™ we have the right solution for your brand’s Flexible Packaging needs. Our press capabilities, experience, and strategic supplier relationships help us to deliver Flexible Packaging solutions that make our customers more competitive, and fulfill our promise to be “Custodian of Your Brand.”
Want to know more? For more information, contact us today.
Did You Know details from FPA – Sustain the World: The Case for Flexible Packaging