Technical Project Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5 PM
Status: Accepting applications
The Technical Project Manager provides technical expertise and support to all other departments. This individual also acts as a project manager for all company technical needs.
Principal (Essential) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage technical projects, setting project quality and performance standards, and assessing and managing risk within, and across, multiple projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with strategic vendors regarding solutions and timing of necessary resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate internal and external stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
- Coordinate production time for technical projects and tests.
- Provide final summary report and recommendations for all technical experiments and tests.
- Update material standards and all internal databases regarding project outcomes.
- Generate and document Design of Experiment (DOE) to include initial material selection, test parameters, and metrics defining successful outcome.
- Identify materials and processes for research and development efforts and complete testing and documentation as appropriate.
- Complete on-site testing and line trials at customer sites.
- Be the point of contact for raw material and bottle/container samples.
- Manage customer application details and test requirements/preferences.
- Assist quality control in evaluating possible material application deficiencies to determine solutions and eliminate reoccurrences.
- Support sales department in a technical capacity, as needed.
- Visit contract packagers and customers to problem solve and develop new solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience preferred in project management and/or flexographic and digital printing.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and computer proficiency.
- Well-versed in the manufacture and application of pressure sensitive labels, flexible packaging, and shrink sleeves.
- Ability to train and instruct coworkers and customers.
Syracuse Label & Surround Printing complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please inform us of such needs.