Classification: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Status: Accepting applications
The Technical Applications Manager will work closely with the company’s sales and production teams to provide technical expertise and support to the development and manufacturing process specific to printed shrink sleeve and flexible packaging to accomplish customer satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and systematically troubleshoot and determine cause of technical problems and present workable solutions to resolve machine and product performance issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct printed shrink film and flexible packaging trials at facility and customer locations.
- Determine test methods and procedures needed to support the manufacture of printed shrink sleeve and flexible packaging utilizing the company’s existing assets and resources.
- Conduct and evaluate trials to recommend equipment modifications and/or purchases for shrink sleeve and flexible packaging.
- Provide material selection and product sizing recommendations for customer applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in the flexible packaging industry, including printing, adhesives lamination, shrink sleeve printing, seaming processes, and pouch making. A technical knowledge of key applications is a must.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical field is strongly preferred.
- Extensive hands-on technical experience in shrink sleeve and flexible packaging applications.
- A background in end use requirements and packaging/filling equipment desired.
- Extensive knowledge of packaging substrates, i.e., film, paper, as well as ink and adhesives (both UV and water).
- Experience in flexographic printing and shrink sleeve seaming equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques used to effectively manufacture and distribute shrink sleeve and flexible packaging.
- Knowledge of machines, tools and computers, including design, use, repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to understand mathematical applications, ex. measurement, logic, etc.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of professions and personalities.
- Good command of the English language; ability to effectively read and write.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, train, instruct, and measure individual ability.
- Valid driver’s license.