Classification: Full-Time, Second Shift: Monday – Friday: 3:15 p.m. – 11:45 p.m.
Status: Accepting applications
The Inspector is responsible for rewinding, inspecting and packaging labels to customer specifications. In addition, this individual is also responsible for maintaining and meeting all internal requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect all labels prior to shipment, identifying defects (ex. incorrect label information, color inaccuracies, label count) and ensure correction
- Verify jobs and job categories for accuracy
- Upon successful inspection, complete requisite shipping documentation
- Ability to identify issues/problems, evaluate options and implement solutions
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques used to effectively manufacture and distribute materials and products
- Knowledge of machines, tools and computers, including design, use, repairs and maintenance
- Ability to understand mathematical applications, ex. measurement, logic, etc.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of professions and personalities
- Good command of the English language; ability to effectively read and write
- Good analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of, and ability to, train, instruct, and measure individual ability
- Ability to lift up to 50-60 pounds and push/roll 300 – 800 pounds with pallet jack
- Good manual dexterity for cutting, grasping, guiding, pressing, pulling, pushing, rolling, typing, turning knobs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces and reach, twist, bend and stretch when required
- Ability to use/handle a strobe light to find errors; must not have light sensitivity issues
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and acute depth perception
- Ability to decipher colors
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening, including drug testing