Classification: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Status: Accepting applications
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of financial statements and reports, maintenance of all accounting records, and oversight of controls and budgets that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations and personnel of the accounting department, acting as a mentor to other members of the accounting department
- Issue timely and complete month end closing information and documentation
- Coordinate information to external auditors for annual audit and financial/tax statements
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed within 10 business days of month-end.
- Cash management, including managing line(s) of credit, debt repayments, and funding of payroll
- Maintain the chart of accounts and an orderly accounting filling system
- Prepare and enforce annual budget
- Analyze budget vs. actual results on a monthly basis and provide resulting recommendations to management
- Lead efforts related to refinancing of debt facilities and RFPs for professional services
- Provide financial analysis as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Review customer credit applications for creditworthiness and monitor new account credit limits and adjust as necessary.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Act as a backup for payroll processing
- Assist with ESOP and 401k retirement plans as needed
- Special projects for other members of management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration, CPA a plus
- At least five (5) years’ experience in an accounting manager position
- Experience with GAAP accounting, and a certified accounting system
- Ability to maintain and keep information confidential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of professions and personalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to effectively read, write and speak English
- Proficient using standard business systems, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Self-motivated, creative, innovative, persistent and flexible
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening, including drug test