Classification: Full-Time, Second Shift: Monday – Friday: 3:15 p.m. – 11:45 p.m.
Status: Accepting applications
The Press Apprentice is responsible for assisting press operators with set-up, cleanup, job changes, and pre-stage when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure pressrooms are clean and maintained with necessary materials; attend to paper staging areas when needed
- Be attentive and receptive to supervisor, press operator and pre-stage training and feedback; the success of the press apprentice role is a pre-requisite for a press operator role
- Ability to identify issues/problems, evaluate options and implement solutions
- Knowledge of machines, tools and computers, including design, use, repairs and maintenance
- Ability to understand mathematical applications, ex. measurement, logic, etc.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of professions and personalities
- Good command of the English language; ability to effectively read and write
- Good analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50-60 pounds and push/roll 300 – 800 pounds with pallet jack
- Good manual dexterity for cutting, grasping, guiding, pressing, pulling, pushing, rolling, typing, turning knobs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces and reach, twist, bend and stretch when required
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and acute depth perception
- Ability to decipher colors
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening, including drug testing